For any responsible pet owners, having a secure environment for your dog to exercise and play is exceptionally vital. Before that, we know how inconsistent a dog is when it comes to wandering around. If you aren’t watchful enough, you’ll be exposing your pet to dangers related to vehicles, people as well as other animals from attacking your dog. But, don’t worry folks: our experts have provided a list of Best wireless dog fence in this review.
There are two types of wireless fences in the market today; one is fully wireless while the other one is a semi-wireless type. For more clarification; the semi-wireless fence uses a buried antenna wire plus a receiver collar whereas the other one which is entirely wireless, happen to utilize a radio transmitter for communication with the dog. But again, since the market created a loophole for a wireless dog fence, a significant number of manufacturers began producing the product in large scale. This exercise permitted so many faulty products in the market making selection of the best one a hard nut to crack. However, we have Wireless dog fence reviews right here to brief your search, equipping you with the top selection from leading manufacturers.
However different wireless and semi-wireless dog fences may seem, especially in their level of performance and efficiency, we can undoubtedly say they operate jointly. What do we mean? Well, they serve the same purpose and also utilize the same components. But, the significant difference occurs when it comes to intensity of functionalities offered by wireless that surpasses the semi-wireless variety. But that’s not the primary question to worry about, let’s first take a look at the factors to consider before opting for the best wireless dog fence.
1. Area coverage
One factor that you cannot afford to shut your eyes from is how extensive is your area. To point out, different models cover approximated area ranging from half an acre to 25 Acres. Equally important, you should know that price also varies in the same aspect. Therefore, Don’t waste your money going for the particular one meant for a large area only to use it in a small yard or even vice versa.
2. How versatile is it?
Our number two factor speaks about the ability of the fence to adjust depending on the set sizes of the boundary you require. Sometimes you may need to move with your dog, and therefore, you should opt for a dog fence with an expandable limit. However, if you don’t intend to use it outside your compound, then it’s no point settling for a fence like this one.
3. Size of your dog
The size of your dog matters a lot when it comes to choosing the best wireless dog fence. Small breed example of the chihuahuas and young puppies are not suitable for use with such fences since they may not trigger the receiver. However, for large dog example of Great Dane or Rottweiler, you may want to request a custom collar to transmit more strong correction signals to capture their attention. This process is only advisable if you are having such a breed to keep your dog within your boundaries.
4. How many dogs can it secure?
Many systems are convenient to keep one or two dogs at any one time; however, others are limited by the counts of the number of collars contained. When you have one dog but have plans to continue purchasing others in future, it will, therefore, be advisable to secure a system that will accommodate more dogs and save you some bucks. However, if you don’t intend to raise more than one, it is okay to opt for a one collar dog fence.
12 Best Wireless Dog Fence Reviewed
Like we discussed, there are two main categories of wireless dog fences. We would like to start with the fully wireless variety.
Fully Wireless Type
List of Fully Wireless Dog Fence
1. PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System
Our #1 product on the list revealed as PetSafe Wireless Pet containment system. This product seems simple; however, it is an effective alternative to the traditional outdoor fencing. It eliminates the need of spools of boundary wire by replacing it with the radio frequency in the PIF-300 model that guards your pet against straying. Also, it is very portable in that it provides your pet with a wireless area whenever you are traveling.
This containment can keep your dog over 8-pounds safely contained in your yard. You merely have to plug it in the transmitter, and a constant radio signal with an adjustable range that covers up to 90 feet will be emitted in all directions. Installation of PIF-300 will not consume much of your time, but rather two hours of DIY won’t tear you either. You can as well put boundary flags to provide a visual aid to your pet and define a safe area to play. This is the best wireless dog fence of our times.
With five adjustable levels of correction, and the tone only mode, you are sure to direct the required radio wave to destruct your pet whenever straying gets into the course. The most enticing feature about this variety is the fact that this receiver model is waterproof making it safe/suitable for use in all climates. Also important to note, the receiver collar comes with a low battery indicator that will alert you whenever it’s time to recharge it. This receiver also relays audible warning tone whenever the pet approaches the boundary zone which is also turned off when the pet leaves the boundary. The nature of the warning tone lasts for thirty seconds which is enough to trigger the pet to relocate.
● Has a waterproof receiver
● Interchangeable contact points
● Included a training manual
● The low power indicator on the collar
● Easy to install
● Portable and completely wireless design
- It can cover up to half an acre of your yard
- Has up to five levels of static correction plus a tone-only mode convenient for training
- It is not affected by weather elements like rain
- Easy to set up in as little as one hour
- The collar is perfect for neck sizes ranging from six to 28 inches
- This device seems to work correctly when used on flat terrain, however, basements with the hilly surrounding, you may realize the signals may sometime fail. This can result to inconsistency whenever the dog finds itself on an open area where the message can be felt again and happens to be distant from the boundary zone. It will be terrible. However, when you compare this device to the other alternative products, you may realize that the advantages surpass the adverse situations that may arise due to miss appropriateness.
2. PetSafe Free to Roam Wireless Fence
Want to know how you can secure your dog without the need to spool a fence around your convenience? Well, if you are hearing this for the first time, then it’s an excellent opportunity to get started, however, if you have heard about what Wireless dog fence reviews has for you then it’s your time to make a perfect selection. Protect your dog while reducing the time you have to monitor it by taking PetSafe Free to Roam Wireless Fence home today in just but few bucks. With the adjustable boundary, waterproof receiver and the five levels of static corrections, PetSafe Free to Roam Wireless Fence appears to be the perfect option for your pet. This boundary extends up to 180 feet in diameter whereas the static corrections are customizable depending on the temperament of your pet. Besides, this device is easy to install, something that won’t require more than two hours to make sure everything is evenly placed. Caution: Test your boundaries before installing your transmitter for convenience. The transmitter power loss alarm installed in this design will ring as soon as power is removed to keep you aware that your dog is not at all contained. This type of response will ensure that your dog is safe always and also maintained within the minimums.
● Five levels of static correction
● Portable with easy to set up model
● Water resistant receiver collar
● The adjustable boundary of up to 180 feet
● Low battery indicator included
- It is an exclusively built design
- Effective in all climates
- Comes with the tone-only mode for pet training
- It is portable and easy to set-up
- Provide a broad circular range connection
- Well, it is visible that the performance of this device remains ineffective in places with conditions such as; terrain, topography, and domination by metal objects. Equally important, the pet area cannot be altered into a square or rectangular shape due to the circular effect of the boundary. But, it’s doesn’t prove of inefficiency. This product ranks really high whenever you speak of quality performance.
3.Extreme Dog Fence® Professional Dog Containment System
If you want to avoid trauma associated with the safety of your pet especially when you are busy or resting for that matter; then you need to make sure you equip your pet with the correct attire. Extreme Dog Fence® Containment is one solution you have been seeking. Let’s get to business. From most reviews online, you will realize that most gadgets claim to be waterproof, but an assurance came with this model whose collar receiver is completely waterproof. The estimated depth it can be submerged to is 100’ deep without altering its effective performance. It’s cool seeing your Dog swimming with the collar knowing that it will not be defective any soon. This fence comes with a one-year protective warranty for the electronics while a two years warranty on the wire. Whenever you purchase this particular fence, all safety issues concerning your pet will be unheard of.
● 20 gauge high tensile boundary wire
● Waterproof collar receiver
● Heavy protective jacket
● Digital transmitter
● Training flags
● A battery plus a professional splice kits
● One set of comfort contact covers
● Two set of contact points
- The collar receiver is light and smallest
- Offers no interference with the neighboring electric fences systems
- The transmitter can accommodate up to 25 acres
- Stable correction zones
- Regardless of the pros that come with this system, we know that there exists no perfect device on the planet. Most of the first time users emphasized mostly on the performance of the batteries which are not rechargeable. However, battery replacement is an easy task; you only have to contact the manufacturers via their website and get sorted.
4. PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence
Most wireless dog fences can conveniently cover a ¼ acre of land, but for PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence can extend to a limit of 105 feet. An item of surprise, this device can accommodate more than two pets; however, they have to satisfy the condition of neck size which should range from six to 28 inches. With five levels of correction, you can train your pet in two weeks. Another fantastic feature offered by this gadget is the rechargeable ergonomic collar which lasts three weeks in one charging session. However, the rate of battery use depends entirely on the amount of frequency you want to relay to your pet. This system creates a circular boundary to contain your pet, and it is adjustable by pressing the button.
● It is a fully wireless system
● Has five levels of adjusting the static correction
● Rechargeable and waterproof collar receiver
● Comes with 50 training flags
● Receiver charger included
● Short and long hair contact present
● Has transmitter with power adapter
- The device contains your pet in control
- Comfortable for neck sizes ranging from 6-23
- Perfect for dogs weighing five pounds and above
- Expandable containment boundary by addition of other wireless transmitters
- It has a waterproof collar receiver
- This device works great; however, it is suited for flat yard rather than an angular area. Also, its efficiency reduces whenever you have metal domination. However, it remains to be praised by a lot of users for the job well done.
5. Motorola WIRELESSFENCE25 Wireless Fence
If you have been looking for the best wireless dog fence that will guide your dog conveniently, then Motorola WIRELESSFENCE25 Wireless Fence is here to salvage you. Take home this fantastic product that is set to give you two training modes. There are the training tone-only mode and the nine levels of static correction ranging from gentle to firm to give your dog an alert. Whenever the charge on the collar battery is going low, there is an indicator to show its state. Meanwhile, it can accommodate up to two dogs. If you have many dogs and you want to invest in this system, you will incur the cost of purchasing additional collars separate from the two you will get when buying this set. Lastly, this equipment does not require burying wires to create a boundary; it is all wireless.
● 2-pairs of collar contact
● 50 training flags
● A test light
● User’s guide
● Outdoor ground stake
● Pet collar unit
● Wireless fence unit with LCD screen
● Nylon collar straps
● Power adapters
- It comes with two training modes
- Installation for this device is a breeze
- Can contain up to two dogs
- Has a backlit LCD screen
- Many people complain about how the batteries do not last for many days with charge; however, we are lucky that they are rechargeable. Enjoy some bit of free time without worrying about straying dog at your yard.
6. PetSafe PIF-300 Wireless Fence
Amongst the many revolutionary concepts, PetSafe PIF-300 Wireless Fence got many people surprised by the way it provides the most straightforward and safest form of pet containment ever experienced. All you need to do is plugging the transmitter in inconspicuous areas in your home. Your pet should wear the lightweight collar to mark or detect and monitor its movement. Eventually, the transmitter will relay 17.5 kHz radio signal whenever your cross the boundary. This is how it works; when your dog approaches the limit, he will receive a warning beep, however, if it fails to return, static correction will be released immediately. Regardless of how easy the set up can be, it is equally vital to train your dog effectively on the boundaries.
● Adjustable correction levels
● Tone-only training mode is also present
● Two free packs of AA batteries included
● Complete pif-300 system
● Cover up to ½ an acre
● Has a circular effect of a boundary
- It can hold an area up to 180 feet
- Comes with rfa-67d-aa batteries
- It also has adjustable levels of correction
- The gadget is portable and wireless
- Terrain, metal objects and topography may affect the performance of PetSafe PIF-300 Wireless Fence negatively.
List of Semi-Wireless Dog Fence
1.SportDOG In-Ground Fence System
Top Pic: Taking care of dogs requires many responsibilities. One such responsibility involves keeping your dog safe and sound within the perimeters of your home. Keeping your dog within the home perimeters can be a bit tricky because dogs lie to wander off without any worries. There is equipment designed to assist you with this task. One such kit is the marvel of technology known as SportDOG In-Ground fence system dog fence. The collar guards your pets and keeps them within the safe boundaries of your home. Let us take discuss this product more in-depth. This system works by creating a radio signal from the Fence Transmitter to the Boundary Wire, which is near the enclosure to the dog’s boundary. You can customize the boundary area using the boundary flags to set up your dog’s training ground visually. The dog is given a receiver collar with contact points that touch its neck. It becomes a guide on where he can roam around. When the dog gets past the set boundary, the Receiver Collar lets out a warning beep and then a shock.
● Four levels of static stimulation that match any dog’s temperament
● Covers 1 1/3 acres with included boundary wire and flags
● Expands to 100 acres with the additional purchase of Wire and Flag Kits (SDF-WF)
● Waterproof Collar Receiver
● Expands to any number of dogs with purchase of extra Collar Receivers (SDF-R)
● Built-in lightning protection
● Anti-linger feature prevents the dog from running the battery down
● Wire break alarm on transmitter
● For dogs 10 pounds or larger
● Replaceable 9-volt battery lasts 6-12 months
- No major technical problems encountered
- Has a warranty cover
- Stable signal
- Easy to install
- The size is too big
- Battery is non-rechargeable
- Fragile containment system
2.eXtreme Dog Fence Second Generation In-Ground with Feature-Rich Transmitter
eXtreme Dog Fence is considered to be an in-ground electric dog fence that is easier to install. This kit comes together with a transmitter which has been designed to accommodate quite a number of dogs, flags, waterproof collars and wires. It is also compatible with the new collars and contains three antennas and 12x battery checks. This fence also comes with a 100 ft deep waterproof receiver collar.
This wireless dog fence can be set up in any design that you are interested in such as single loop, waterfront, triangle, rectangle and much more. This fence will work well with cats and dogs and is considered to be a smart way to help you control the dogs from straying around and getting lost.
This eXtreme Dog Fence comes together with an easy to control receiver which can help in training dogs using vibration stimulation, sound and static. It can also help warn a dog to stay away in just a single beep.
● Temperature check
● Compensates for wire problems and adjusts the amount of signal power
● Frequency encoding to eliminate stray signal frequencies
● Pet’s friendly contacts for comfort included
- Five different adjustable correction levels
- Wide range accommodated (10 acres)
- Improved signal
- Easy to install
- Battery is non-rechargeable
- Increased cost
3.Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Dog Fence Safe & Unseen Pet Containment System
The Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Dog Fence prioritizes the well-being and safety of pets. It considers the process of dog owners putting hidden fences as a form of partnership that can only succeed through collaboration. Its main goal is to provide peace of mind to owners of a pet by providing them with easy to use tools.
This fence is also known to epitomize on the safety standards which the brand advocates for. This will in the process make the process of training your dog a breeze. One can always use this fence according to the ground capacity thanks to its customization capability. In case you are planning to use this fence on the go, then you will be happy to it is easy and simple to disassemble according to your requirements.
This fence comes with a waterproof receiver collar which can be changed making it a must-have for every function.
● Long and customizable range
● Latest electronic technology
● Unseen and effective dog training
● Lifetime replacement
- Quality and affordable
- Easy to install
- Shock may traumatize the dog
4.PetSafe Little Dog In-Ground Fence
Having pets requires unlimited responsibility. Providing them with an invisible boundary and fence where your pets learn not to go beyond the limits is a more effective way of containing them and giving them the freedom to play. Semi-wireless electric fences provide such benefits. Unfortunately, choosing one that is perfect is hectic as there are many choices in the market. PetSafe little dog in-ground wall is, therefore, the ideal option for you.
● Adjustable, waterproof receiver collar
● The complete system ranges up to 1/3 acre but may be expanded up to 25
● Receiver collar correction for adjustment depending on dog’s temperament (4 levels plus tone only for training)
● Reflective collar strap provides added visibility at night.
● Fits neck sizes 6-16 inches
● Low battery indicator
● Works with 14-20 gauge copper insulated wire
● Collar uses replaceable RFA-188 battery
- Small, lightweight reflective collar
- Lower correction levels
- Indoor pod compatibility
- Lifetime warranty
- Non-rechargeable collar battery
- Does not come with Lightning Protector
5. PetSafe In-Ground Fence for Dogs and Cats
It is a beautiful feeling to give your pet the freedom to enjoy the yard, without worrying about escape or harm! How do you do this? A PetSafe in-ground fence for dogs and cats receiver collar is the way to go! This perimeter fence is created by burying wire combine with a small, sleek transmitter to let your precious pet know she should stay in the yard confines without hurting it. Your pets now have plenty of room to play about safely. Get your pet a PetSafe today and rest assured that your precious dog or cat is safe.
● 1/3 of an acre coverage, expandable up to 25 acres with wires and flags
● The collar is light in weight and designed for dogs and cats
● Four adjustable levels of static stimulation plus tone-only mode for training
● The battery life is 1-2 months
● Room to create your keep out areas for new boundaries
- Easy to install and set up
- The system operates as advertised
- Effectively teaches your pets to their limits
- The system is durable
- The shock may traumatize dogs
- The gauge of wire might also be super thin to your liking
- The receiver does not have an option to turn off the warning
6. PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence: Our 2nd Choice
With four levels of static correction, petsafe brings you PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence designed for dogs over 8 lb with neck sizes ranging from six inches to 26 inches. It is safe and easily customizable to give your pet enough room to play. The area coverage is adequate for a range of ⅓ acre that is expandable up to five acres upon additional of flags and wires. The waterproof receiver collar also comes with a tone-only mode to train your dog. The collar is lightweight. Surges and spikes tend to be the enemy of most fences, however, in this variety, a surge protector keeps your fence out of reach. This device further creates new boundaries, an example of the garden, swing sets and pools for the convenience of your dog. With the low battery indicator, you will never suffer incidences when the battery is out without you knowing. The lifespan of the battery is estimated at 1-2 months of continuous use.
● Adjustable and waterproof receiver collar
● Low battery indicator present
● A surge protector included
● Versatile receiver collar
● Extensive area coverage
- It is both safe and customizable variety
- The receiver collar is lightweight for efficient movement
- It comes with a surge protector
- The gadget also allows you to create additional boundaries
- It is not a convenient choice for hunting dogs including fitting larger dogs even on the highest setting. However, for the young breeds, it would fit exceptionally well.
Wireless Dog Fences vs. Underground Fences
1. Wireless dog fence
A wireless dog fence consists of two main pieces of equipment that are a transmitter and a receiver dog collar. The transmitter is usually a radio wave emitter which sockets into an outlet in your house. It emits a radio signal within a short range which will vary with each brand and each product. Sometimes the ground fences block your view and may spoil the look of your house. Furthermore, chain fences are not very reliable as many dogs can get through them and are not appealing. The hidden barriers are invisible to the naked eyes, keep your dog within a defined boundary. These wireless fences help keep your dogs within a designated space without the need of putting up physical barriers or an electric fence.
2. Underground dog fence
A pet fence or an invisible boundary is an electronic system designed to keep a pet or other domestic animal within a set of predefined limits without the use of a physical barrier. An electronic collar delivers a mild electric shock if the dog ignores the warning sound. The technology used by the fence involves the pet wearing a lightweight collar which gives out an alarm sound when the pet nears the confine. If the warning from the collar ignored and the pet can cross beyond the fence boundary, the pet receives a corrective mild electric shock from the neck collar. The incentive delivered to the pet may be applied at greater strength as the dog nears the boundary confines. The pet, therefore, learns to avoid the undisclosed fence location, making it an effective virtual barrier. The invisible fence is an excellent barrier; however, animals not wearing the collar are not affected by the demarcated boundaries.
Why Should Consider A Wireless Dog Fence?
One purpose of utilizing a remote puppy fence is that it enables you to appreciate movability. With this framework, you can convey it anyplace you run with your dog.
2. Simple to install
Another extraordinary advantage that individuals get for utilizing remote dog wall is the simplicity of establishment. You can without much of a stretch introduce a remote dog fence inside your compound or anyplace you need.
3. Appreciate encompassing scene sees
One of the difficulties of a physical fence is that it doesn’t enable you to get a decent perspective of the scene. This is the reason utilizing a remote dog fence is advantageous since you don’t get any hindrance to the lovely scene see.
4. Requires less upkeep
Another advantage that you get for utilizing best wireless dog fences that you acquire less support cost. Remote dog wall doesn’t require normal support.
Why Should NOT Consider a Wireless Dog Fence?
1. Restricted Range
Some underground dog fence frameworks can encase a sum of 100 sections of land. Remote frameworks, then again, have considerably little limits. The biggest zone you can encase with a remote dog fence is 25 sections of land. Nonetheless, most remote frameworks have a limit of 2.5 sections of land or less, here and there as little as only one portion of a section of land.
2. Requires Training
Any electronic dog fence framework requires predictable preparing before your puppy can be left unattended in the yard. On the off chance that you don’t figure you can confer that time or exertion, at that point a wired or best wireless dog fence isn’t right for you.
3. Contrary to Metal
Tragically, in some yard, a remote dog fence framework just won’t work. The radio waves can’t experience certain obstructions, for example, metal or aluminum siding, stone dividers, an unnecessary measure of trees, or sheds.
Dog Fence Type
1. Wired System
This framework takes more work in advance. Notwithstanding connecting to the recipient and preparing your dog, you’ll have to borrow a 2-3″ trench for the wire. This takes a normal of 1-2 days, so intend to set aside an end of the week. In the event that you have the cash to pay proficient installers, it could take as meager as an evening. The wired framework has an unimportant room for giving and takes since it is held set up by its wires! Its flag is likewise not influenced by the climate or scene. Nonetheless, the long wires delved into the ground will make repairs dubious.
2. Wireless System
A wireless dog system has two parts; that is the transmitter and the receiver. The transmitter plugs into an electrical outlet, and the wireless dog collar has the receiver. The transmitter sends out a radius of radio frequencies, and you can adjust the signal distance to your desired boundary space. If your dog goes beyond the perimeter you set, she’ll receive an electric shock. The static shock is not painful or traumatic it is similar to a splash of cold water in the face. Some shock collars, however, cause slight skin irritation
3. Semi wireless or in-ground system
In Ground (wireless) dog containment systems work by placing a boundary wire underground. It forms a perimeter for the containment area. The cable transmits a weak radio signal, and the dog collar picks up the message when the dog gets too close to the wire. The dog then gets a warning, and if they keep getting closer to a correction. In-ground systems create consistent boundaries, and for that reason, they are the most popular fence systems available. Flexibility is an added feature and can always be shaped to suit almost any shaped yard.
How does wireless dog fence work?
Well, in our wireless dog fence review, we realized how important it is to educate our prospective users of how the gadgets work. Let’s face it; the most important thing to do when you purchased the fence, is the strategic positioning of the transmitter in such a way that the boundary it creates from the radio signal contains most places where your canine companion loves to play. So, the safe zone is that area of containment, and it varies from 10 feet to about ½ an acre. Note: it will mostly depend on what wireless fence you buy.
After installation of the transmitter in the house, you make your dog wear that unique receiver collar which receives the signal from the transmitter to monitor whether your dog is within the boundary line. Once your pet approaches the imaginary boundary line, the receiver collar relays correction beeps to alert your canine companion that it wasn’t okay to move further.
Whenever they ignore the first type of correction but instead move further towards the correction line, the contact points located on their collar will produce a static correction that will make them return. This static correction is very uncomfortable but will not hurt them. It is purposefully to remind them of the wrong place they are and encourage them to stay in the safe zone.
Right below, we have enlisted the top questions frequently asked about wireless fences available today. Hope it will act as a guide for first-time users.
Is a wireless dog fence appropriate for you?
Isn’t the shock painful for my dog?
How important are the flags and for how long should I use them?
What age of a pet should I improvise the wireless fence on my Dog?
What if my dog does not respond to the static correction?
This marks the end of our undying review of the Best wireless dog fence this year, and I hope you enjoyed it. Have you? Show us in the comment section.
If you love your dog and staying with, it feels like having a child, then protecting it should be your priority. As the wireless dog fence reviews expert, you are aware that accidents are prone in surroundings away from your yard. Therefore we recommend the above list to guarantee the untimely pleasure. All products reviewed are Top-rated and will serve you in the best way. For assistance or suggestion about what’s in your mind, you need to tell us, comment to us. Good luck as you proceed to commit your purchase.